Saturday, August 4, 2012

First Week on the Job

The job searching is OVER and the journey has begun! After a year and a half, I am proud to say that I am a teacher at Gra-Mar Middle School. I will be teaching 5th grade Math and Science! I received the job on Friday July 27, 2012 and cleared the background check on Tuesday afternoon, which meant I could be in my classroom. That didn't leave much time to decorate and get it ready for students, seeing that they came Wednesday morning and the rest of the week. However, it’s slowly but surely coming together. Spent some time there after school this week, but our district doesn't allow us in the schools over the weekend. So, I'll have to wait until Monday to put all the new stuff up that I got at the Parent-Teacher Store on Monday. I have a lot to keep me busy of the rest of the weekend though.

The first 2 1/2 days with my students was really well. The whole school is doing team building for 4 days to build the relationship between students and teacher, so that test score will continue to increase. I will start instruction on Tuesday! I've been blessed with a wonderful team of fellow teachers to come along side of to help, guide, and teach me this year. I'm looking forward to a wonderful year full of learning and growing!

Pictures of Classroom to come! Stay tuned and check back for updates!

1 comment: